How do I become a Go West Driver?
Go West Tours would like you to take the opportunity to become a part of one of WA’s most diverse and interesting Bus and Coach Service Operators.
Working as a coach driver for Go West gives you the opportunity to experience Australia from the inside with people of all ages from all over the world, and to work for a highly reputable company, earning an above-average wage.
From prestigious 5 Star Touring, Safari tours right across Australia and servicing the resource and infrastructure sectors let Go West take you there.
If you are looking for a position which is dynamic, challenging and different from the normal 9-5 jobs please contact us now.
We use modern Right-hand drive vehicles of all sizes, maintained and serviced to a very high standard. Most our coaches are equipped with air conditioning, comfortable seating, C.D. and video players. To work for Go West as a coach driver you need to fulfil several requirements,
- Hold a valid Australian passport.
- Obtain (or hold) a full, unrestricted Western Australian HR Drivers License with a hire and reward endorsement.
- Pass an Australian commercial driver medical examination.
- Pass a Drug and Alcohol Examination
- Have Appropriate mechanical knowledge
- Attend an intensive driving skills, familiarisation and mechanical training course.
- Undertake on-road training in Western Australian driving training, product and city & Town familiarisation.
- Pass a company driving & mechanical knowledge test
Upon the successful completion of the Go West training program you will be offered a position as a Go West Coach Driver. This all sounds like hard work, and it is, however it’s worth it! You will have received the best training in the business to enable you to go out and really enjoy working in WA whilst maintaining the discipline and safety requirements that are so important to us and our passengers.
Whilst in the employ of Go West you will receive a very competitive remuneration package, which includes above “industry-standard” rate of pay, accommodation whilst working away, accident and medical insurance.
Go West crew are expected to make a commitment of a minimum of one season and are required to have a bank account. Wages are paid directly into this account weekly.
To Succeed you would need significant experience in the Truck and Bus Industry or equivalent, the ability to travel within Australia, exposure to a number of different cultures, people, ages and a proficiency in completing paperwork and adhering to strict safety standards.